Aloha! The world is slowly returning to normal when it comes to travel. So here I am again, exploring what the world has to offer!
After my trip to California, I am now enjoying my time in Hawaii! I already told myself that 2022 will be a year of adventure. I will visit more countries that I have never been to, and countries that I would like to return to.
During my stay in California, I thought about doing something relaxing and adventurous at the same time (you know how fearless I am about travel, haha!) And what is one of the best places to do that? Hawaii!
From the big stunning islands to the small breathtaking islands, Hawaii is sure to be the place you’ll return to for some much needed time. “Vitamin Sea” and to escape to the island. I had a blast in Oahu, especially since I was given the opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn Kapolei and was able to enjoy the place easily!
When it comes to vacations, especially if we’re talking about Hawaii, choosing where to stay is just as important. It can be hard to choose from all the hotels, inns, or hostels in Hawaii, but trust me, the Residence Inn Kapolei on Oahu is what I highly recommend if you choose to stay outside of the Waikiki area!
Guide to Kapolei
Many people may know Waikiki, but Oahu has another gem worth visiting, Kapolei. Kapolei is located in the western part of Oahu and is known for its large water park, unique in the area. Not only that, it is also referred to as Oahu’s “Second City” in reference to Honolulu! If you are not familiar with this city, let me introduce it to you as I share my amazing stay here.
Things to do in and around Kapolei, Hawaii
1. Explore beaches and lagoons
Since you are on an island, it would be amazing if you didn’t explore the beaches and lagoons. There are beaches in Kapolei that I recommend you visit so that you can appreciate this wonderful place more.
- Koh Olina Laguns – Consists of 4 ponds located on the island of Koh Olina. The most beautiful sunset on Oahu is seen from one of these lagoons. It is really worth coming here and exploring the surroundings.
- Paradise Cove beach – Fantastic beach across from Luau Paradise Cove (the most famous on Oahu). Paradise Cove Beach has clean sand and crystal clear waters.
- Kahe Point Beach Park – This is by far the best place for snorkeling. Kahe Point Beach Park is a small beach where many people enjoy the marine life. The diving area is very wide and you can find a lot of fish and turtles here! There is also a place for snorkeling and deep sea fishing.
2. Try Local Restaurants
There are plenty of restaurants in Kapolei, but here are a few worth visiting:
- Vintage coffee “Ko Olina” of the island. There are a lot of restaurants in Ko Olina mall but this coffee shop is at the entrance. There are many drink menus like coffee as well as sweets like acai balls and food menus that you should definitely try.
- Restaurant Ama Ama – Ama Ama is one of the restaurants at Disney Aulani Resort. In addition to great lagoon views (including romantic sunsets), great service and unbeatable food!
- Monkey Kitchen – Monkeypod Kitchen has many craft beers from all over the world! It is also always crowded here, so it is better to make reservations.
- Roya Restaurant – It is next to Ko Olina station, about 10 minutes walk from Aulani Disneyland. Roy’s Restaurant is something of an Asian fusion cuisine with a little Japanese flair.
- Fish House at the Four Seasons Hotel, Oahu – Seafood! The location of the restaurant is great, the sea is right in front of you, so you can be sure that your dinner will be unforgettable.
3. Go shopping at the Kapolei Mall
If you are a shopaholic, then Kapolei is the best place for you if you are in Hawaii! Kapolei is a city on the island of Oahu, rich in shops and restaurants. There are over 30 local and international stores for you to choose from. You can walk around and always find something interesting to buy (so don’t forget to always bring enough funds for the trip, hehe).
4. Experience your adrenaline rush at Wet ‘n’ Wild Hawaii
If you’re not into shopping, don’t worry! You are still on the island and Kapolei has plenty of activities that will surely give you unforgettable moments! Kapolei is home to the island’s only water park, Wet ‘n’ Wild Hawaii. Here you can try different types of rides such as Hawaiian Waters which is a wave pool, Tornado (130ft tunnel), Raging River, Kapolei Cooler, Big Kahuna, Flyin’ Hawaiian, Da Flowrider and many more. challenge your adrenaline!
5. Book tours, cruises and excursions
When you are in Hawaii, this is a must do! Make sure you can watch whales, dolphins, turtles, sailing, snorkeling and more! Just remember to always follow strict protocol rules to ensure the safety of all marine animals.
Where to Stay in Kapolei, Hawaii
Residence Inn Kapolei considers itself the anchor of Kapolei as you are only a few minutes away from the beaches, shops and activities such as water park, hiking etc. For this reason, you can maximize your time on the island – and this is what I have done !
If you’re the kind of person who likes to have a fun night out, Residence Inn Kapolei also hosts nightly entertainment for guests:
- Monday – little things
- Tuesday – Paint Pine
- Wednesday – movie night in the pool
- Thursday – Paint Pine
- Friday – live music
- Saturday – live music
- Sunday – karaoke night
With all this entertainment, every day and night of your stay here is guaranteed to be full of excitement.
I want more? Residence Inn Kapolei also knows how to value local business. Every day from 4pm to 8pm they host 3-5 local food trucks so guests and the community can support the locals. In short, staying here not only benefits you and the hotel, but the local business as well!
This row of food trucks in front of the hotel sells a variety of food that you can try for dinner. For this reason, you will also have the opportunity to interact with the locals, which is not very common in Waikiki.
If you are traveling with a fluffy baby, no problem! The Residence Inn is also pet friendly, so you and your pet can have a great time!
Suites at Residence Inn Kapolei
Staying at Residence Inn Kapolei is like living in the hotel itself. All spaces are well planned, as evidenced by the efficiency they offer. They feature a large desk, free internet access and a kitchen for a quick bite to eat after a long day at Kapolei, and you can also watch amazing shows on their 49″ LED TV. There are literally many amenities that their rooms offer – from a studio to a 2 bedroom suite, you know the money you paid is worth it.
For the latest room rates, you can visit here.
With its modern, clean and cozy rooms that also have kitchens, it’s easier to avoid expensive restaurants and grocery stores are only 5-8 minutes away! Not to mention the food trucks they have too!
So what are you waiting for? If you are planning to visit Hawaii, especially Oahu, I highly recommend that you stay at the Residence Inn Kapolei and enjoy what this place has to offer!
Are you on Pinterest? Fasten it!